Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back in the South

Since we work a lot of nights and weekends now, our wonderful Director Darrell came up with the idea several years back (pre Nic & April) that we should take a half day off each week to rest and prepare for what's ahead. This afternoon just so happened to be my time off, and it was most pleasing. When I left the office this afternoon I went straight home, picked up my pup, and jumped in the car for some Chick-Fil-A. Now to most of you this might not seem so exciting, however to be back in a region where I can drive to a Chick-Fil-A that is within ten minutes of my house without any traffic is glorious.

I strolled up to the drive-thru ordered my combo #5 with a sweet tea and honey mustard and drove off with a huge smile on my face. It's times like these that make me appreciate the small things in life. I feel like over the past two weeks I've experienced every emotion under the sun. I've gotten so caught up in my emotions that I've forgotten to take a step back and appreciate the many blessings I've experienced along the way. So from now on I'm looking up and learning to appreciate everything that comes my way (or at least trying to)!

No comments:

Post a Comment