Friday, January 23, 2009

Is it Spring yet?

Like most of the country Blacksburg has been experiencing bitter cold temperatures the past few weeks (without snow unfortunately) until today. The temperature on weather.com reads "Feels like 57" and I couldn't be happier. Apparently the rest of the town feels the same way. Nic & I went to grab some lunch and run into Kroger around noon today and the traffic was K-razy (although I must confess no where even close to traffic on 1-76 in Philly on a Friday afternoon)! As I look out my office window there is still a steady stream of cars as it has been since 10 am this morning (some even disobeying traffic laws- a red octagon sign means STOP people). It would seem that it's not just me that's ready for some warmer temperatures! I like my four seasons don't get me wrong but sometimes in the middle of freezing January it's nice to get a break-my spirits are lifted and people are just nicer in general. Nic & I both got to enjoy the nicer weather a bit too, his in the form of frisbee on the Drillfield and mine a brisk walk on the Huckleberry. So whatever your thoughts may be on the weather ahead of us- here's to the smell of fresh cut grass and the sound of baseball bats clicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment