Friday, January 11, 2008

2008 Update


After a long and awesome week in Cincinnati, Nic & I made the drive back across a couple of states to Philadelphia. Cincinnati was amazing, we got to see friends we hadn't seen since last Thanksgiving (2006) and hang out with the super cool Uebel family. A couple of our friends had gotten engaged in the past few months so I got to see some new bling too (well done to both the Reuter boys). Nic's parents gave us $ to purchase a new bed/mattress & I don't think I could ever have asked for anything better. We put everything together this afternoon & our bedroom now looks like a furniture showroom. We were truly grateful for their thoughtfulness and generosity and upgrading to a queen bed after a year and a half in a full is like sleeping at the Hilton every night for us now.

We started out New Year's Eve at a performance by Stomp (Nic's Christmas present from me). These performers are truly amazing and can carry a beat 10,000 times better than I can with what seemed like every object known to man. Nic was so inspired by the performance that he was quite the human beat box over the next several days. We finished up the evening with the Biewengas; it was a pretty low key evening at their apartment, but a super fun one. I know sometimes I tend to rant a/b how much I don't like Philadelphia, but the Biewengas are certainly one thing I truly love about Philadelphia, I can't imagine having better neighbors or medical advisors =).
Nic & I are looking forward to what this new year will bring. We'll be sure to keep you posted as it all unfolds before us!

No comments:

Post a Comment