Monday, May 12, 2008

Great Summer Reading!

Last Wednesday night our church hosted a book discussion featuring the author of the book Trish Ryan. Trish wrote the book He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not a memoir about her crazy dating life and in the midst of it all her search for Jesus. I bought the book Wednesday and I'm about three quarters of the way done with it (P.S. this is highly unlike me). The book is unlike anything I've ever read, the pursuit of God from someone who had no intentions of falling for him and in fact thought that most Christians were "fruitcakes" to steal a phrase from Passion. I love how real she is about every thought she ever had about men or Jesus. She recounted this at the book discussion by stating, "It was hard to write about all my horrible dating experiences knowing that everybody would read this even my dad." But I certainly applaud her for this and I certainly can't put the book down because of it. So if you need a good book to read this summer in the sand and sun certainly check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment