Sunday, May 18, 2008

Top Ten Likes

I feel like I'm always talking on here about how much I dislike Philadelphia so I've decided to use this as a sounding board to describe some stuff I actually like about this "City of Brotherly Love."

So here they are, in no particular order:
  1. Springtime along Kelly Drive and West River Dr. (the trees and plants are absolutely beautiful).
  2. The Custard stand (more specifically a small twist cone dipped in chocolate).
  3. Our Church (check out the link to the left for more info).
  4. The fact that Chipotle is less than 5 minutes from our house.
  5. Wissahickon Creek.
  6. Humidity (I recognize this sounds odd but after recently experiencing the dry air out west I greatly appreciate the presence of moisture on my skin).
  7. All the different neighborhoods and the uniqueness they each bring to the city.
  8. The Greek Lady-40th and Walnut.
  9. Mabel (ok, so maybe she came from South Jersey but nonetheless we would've never found her if we didn't live in Philly).
  10. Good stories from our experiences here to share with family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Uebels,

    I just saw the post about you guys moving to Virginia! That sounds like such an awesome opportunity for you guys to be back in ministry full time, I know you two will be a blessing to so many students. Anyway, philly will miss you two, but congrats on your next big move.

    ReplyDelete