Monday, August 2, 2010

a Beach Boy kind of vacation

We just returned from a week long vacation at the beach. We loaded up the car and drove all the way across the lovely state of North Carolina to Oak Island last weekend. Our friends Jay & Elizabeth & their son Trey joined us for the week and fun was had by all. To be honest I spent most sunlight hours on the beach- I absolutely love sitting out by the water reading a good book. I finished two this week, The Help & The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (both I highly recommend although if I had to pick a favorite it'd be The Help).

One of the days it was looking a bit rainy outside so we caught a ferry and headed over to the NC Aquarium. I couldn't tell you the last time I visited an aquarium but it was so much fun to be a kid again and see all the crazy cool marine life. My favorite thing might have been the gators. Now don't get me wrong there is no way I'd like to meet one of those guys outside of their tank but their scales and massive size are so cool!

Thursday night we went to Southport for dinner at this fabulous little seafood restaurant on the water. Afterwards we walked around the quaint little town for a bit and Elizabeth, the Dawson's Creek fan that she is :), made an observation that it sort of looked like the town in the show. Turns out she was right and they did film some of the scenes in Southport!

It really was great though just to get away for a bit and forget about the worries of the world. Now that we're back I'm ready for whatever comes our way and I can't wait for the start of school! Expect another post tomorrow I really really *want* to try and post something everyday this month!

Nic & I out for ice cream one night

a frog at the aquarium

Trey being super cute while waiting for the ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment