Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Well folks, if you're still here after a 5 month hiatus, welcome!  I really have no excuse for my absence- there are still plenty of cute Sadie pictures to post, a thousand and one "April" thoughts to write about, and other random things to include on here.  Truth be told I sort of forgot about the blog for a while and then, well, I just didn't know what to post.  

Over the past couple of months I've been on a reading kick. (P.S. I apologize to those of you who live near me and receive my unsolicited book recommendations.  Maybe I should look into working at Barnes and Noble or the library.)  One of the books I enjoyed the most was Freefall to Fly by Rebekah Lyons.  The book is all about Rebekah's struggle with anxiety, depression, and how she found her way back to a life of meaning through it all.  At the end of the book she includes a few exercises to help in finding our own meaning:
  • Write down your earliest dreams
  • Write down the turning points in your life
  • Write down your talents
  • Write down your greatest burden 
To say I've answered all those questions and now know exactly what God's purpose for my life is, well I'll probably be dead by the time that happens.  But one of the things I do enjoy and feel like is somewhat of a talent (why do we have such a hard time admitting to our talents?  Arrgh!) is writing.  So my goal is to make more time for that.  And this blog is one way to do just that.

Since my super smart computer enginerd husband is all done with seminary now and looking for ways to fill his now free time, the blog may take on a different look this summer.  I might get my co-author back (see first sentence), maybe I'll follow the rules of building your blog 101 and come up with some kind of "blog platform."  One thing I do know for sure (at least I really, really hope) is I'm back!

And now for a super classy picture taken during the hub's seminary graduation last weekend:




No comments:

Post a Comment