Wednesday, March 30, 2011

100 Joys

"End of the road... nothing to do... and no hope of things getting better. Sounds like Saturday night at my house."- Eeyore from Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin


Do you remember Eeyore? Gloomy, hopeless, always seeing the bad in every situation. That's how I've felt lately. I could blame it on the miserable weather or the fact that we've been crazy busy but if I'm really honest with you it's nobody's (or nothing's) fault but my own. I'm so bad at letting "life" suck the joy out of me.

It seems like when one little thing goes wrong I just let it snowball until I'm in an Eeyore state of mind. So when the washing machine breaks (at a time in my life when it feels like I'm doing more laundry than I ever have, thank you Sadie) I forget about the friends who willingly volunteer to let us use their machines. Or when my baby still hasn't quite figured out how to sleep through the night, I forget about how thankful I am for her and how good of a baby she is in the first place. Or when my tooth starts to hurt I forget about how blessed I am to even be able to go to a dentist to get it looked at.

So for the month of April I'm taking Sarah Markley's challenge, which I missed back in December because I was tired, busy, and oh yea ready to POP pregnant :). So every weekday throughout the month of April I'll be blogging about the things in my life that bring me joy until I get to 100. I love what Sarah has to say about the project, "I will be doing this as a daily discipline and experiment to see if recognizing the joy in my life that is already is there will, in fact, change me." So here we go. Will you join me on this challenge? If you're up for the challenge, leave a comment as I'd love to track along with you!


And just for starters here's a little something that brings me joy every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment