My mid-week confessions are a day late this week. I blame the nice weather. Better late then never though!
- Last time I wrote I bragged about feeling like a "real runner" since I would continue my training even while on vacation. Well it certainly wasn't all the glitz and glamor I imagined it to be. Somebody slap me the next time I start bragging about that.
- Speaking of running, while in Texas one of my runs was outside. Our hotel was right on Lake Grapevine so the trail went through some "marshy" territory. All I could think was "Do they have alligators in Texas?" When I got back to the room one of my roommates informed me that they don't have alligators but they do have rattlesnakes and scorpions. Sweet Lord, do all Texans carry around a shotgun with them to ward off such creatures?
- I was a bit nervous about flying last week. It had been almost three years since my last flight and I was just a bit uneasy about it all. In my desperate need for control AT ALL TIMES I found myself mumbling "ok boys, get us out of here" every time we would hit a patch of turbulence. Since when did I go to flight school? I also felt a strange urge to give the pilots a high-five when exiting the aircraft. I restrained myself.
- I met one of my favorite bloggers, Lisa-Jo Baker, last week at MOPS Convention. I talked to her after her seminar and even tweeted (*this is when you use Twitter to communicate with someone mom, sort of like a text*) at her, thanking her. The fact that she replied to that tweet may or may not have been the highlight of my day.
- Sometimes when I'm in the middle of doing something I'll stop and think about how I'm going to phrase a tweet describing said something. Then, when I'm finished and ready to tweet I get annoyed at myself because I can't remember how the phrase went. Does this make me pathetic or narcissistic? Please don't answer that question.