Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fitting the Stereotype

Earlier this evening I told Nic to run and grab the camera because I was in fact: pregnant, barefoot, and in the kitchen.

I had to laugh at how I was fulfilling a stereotype but luckily my hubby doesn't believe that's how it should be-to his credit it was my choice to be in there. I was making chocolate chip scones which may be one of my more recent cravings :).

If you look closely at the picture you can see our sweet new back splash that Nic's parents helped us install. They along with my parents came to Blacksburg for the long holiday weekend and we spent most of our time "laboring" (note the irony of Labor Day there) on home improvement projects. It was such a blessing to have them around and to know that they really wanted to help us out. We (and mostly I mean they) painted the nursery, fixed the garbage disposal, installed a new back splash, fixed random things around the house, installed mini-blinds, and I'm sure there's more I'm missing. All in all it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment