Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Guest Post & some randomness

Last week I blogged over at [nlcf] downtown women (in case you find yourself with a little bit of free time on your hands). The battle with insecurity by all means isn't over but I'm chugging along.

And now for the randomness:



1) I got so excited at Kroger today when I saw the expiration date on my gallon of milk was August 1. Hooooray!! August will be here oh so soon and that means students come back! Oh how I miss me some students. I worked the VTIC (VT Interfaith Council) booth at orientation this morning and marveled at how young all the freshmen look and how old that makes me feel.



2) I also found Phineas & Ferb fruit snacks at Kroger today (notice a theme in my life) and almost bought them except for the fact that they were $3.50 for a pack of 10(let me emphasize that again, THREE FIFTY!!!). I admit it, I may have a new found love for this cartoon. I will also admit that at times when I need to get something done I put my baby in front of the TV and go about my business, don't judge me. However when your baby goes down for a nap and you find yourself still watching Phineas & Ferb two hours later you may have a problem.


3) Speaking of insecurity, I picked up Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity from my bookshelf and decided to finish it this time. It is rocking my world in good but tough ways. I highly recommend it to any woman of any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment