Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day and bugs...

We had a great long Memorial Day weekend with family and friends! Hotel Roanoke was absolutely fabulous. Friday night we had dinner at this cute little BBQ place across the street from Center in the Square in Roanoke. They had the best fried okra there that I've ever tasted. It literally melted in your mouth. The menu said they included some sort of "secret sugar" in the batter, I don't know what it was but I want that recipe!

Aside from the food, it was a great time to meet up with family and friends that we hadn't seen in a while. Monday afternoon all of my former college roommates met up in Chatham. It was such fun to be back together again, I hadn't seen a couple of the girls since last June! Hopefully it won't be another year before we're all together again.






Elizabeth, Megan + one, Me, Emily, Lauren







As for the bugs, Nic comes running into my parent's house Monday morning like a little kid, screaming "There are bugs everywhere! All over the backyard! I've got to get a picture this looks like something at the zoo." Get a picture is exactly what he did (hence the one below). To his credit it was pretty crazy looking, apparently all the baby larvae decided to hatch at one time. Pretty ridiculous and gross. I chose to stay inside, I decided I did not want to pick bugs out of my teeth/hair/eyes!


Bug Invasion. Don't be deceived all those little white dots on the tree trunk and ground are bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment