Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where'd everybody go?

There's a definite change to Blacksburg this week-nobody's here! Seriously I think this might be the quietest I've ever seen this place. This week is especially quiet since summer classes don't start until next Tuesday so it would seem ALL the students are gone.

Last week we had the chance to say goodbye to several students (some just for the summer, others for good). We had a reception after the Friday night graduation ceremony here at the BCM for the graduates and their families. It was so much fun meeting parents; I was amazed at how much people look like their parents! Whenever I would say that, the students would say really? I don't think so. I guess it's one of those things that's easier to see from the outside. So I guess after making such a statement I should say Mom & Dad, I guess I'm starting to look more like you guys every day after all!

Our friends Micah & Jess came down to stay the night Friday. Micah's cousin was graduating on Saturday so we got the pleasure of hosting the Reynolds fam for the evening. It was so much fun catching up with them! They're such fun people and I miss them a ton. Saturday was full of Graduation parties (with a Birthday party thrown in there). By the time we got home we were exhausted but it was certainly a great day!

Below are some pictures of Pandapas Pond/Mabel. My friend, Karin, and I went there one day last week before she left for the summer. It's such a beautiful place to get away and only about a 5 minute drive from Blacksburg! Enjoy.














No comments:

Post a Comment