Monday, May 11, 2009

Passion 2010

I love getting mail, snail mail that is. Today I received an unexpected package from Six Step Records with three brand spanking new copies of Kristian Stanfill's new CD Attention inside. A few minutes later as I was jamming away to Mr. Stanfill I got a phone call from a representative at the Passion Movement.

Now as much as I'd like to say people call our office all the time asking for me that is just not the truth (probably about 1 out of every 10 calls is for me and that's a stretch). However about a month ago I bought enough spots to take about 20 students to the Passion 2010 conference in Atlanta, GA next January and he was calling to follow up. He simply wanted to say thank you and talk about what's going on at Virginia Tech! Needless to say talking about everything made me so excited to go!

If you've never heard of Passion I strongly encourage you to check them out here. It exists to glorify God by uniting students in worship and prayer for spiritual awakening from around the world. I went to two conferences as an undergraduate student and got so much out of the event. I remember one evening in particular, we (myself and thousands of other students) were all singing inside the Gaylord Arena in Nashville, TN and for a moment I stopped to think man this is what heaven is like. Thousands of voices singing in unison to praise our Great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment