Monday, April 11, 2011

Day Eight

Oops, I almost forgot to blog today. I have to admit that I wasn't so good with my camera this weekend. It's been a hard few days around here and I didn't always want to pull out my camera or sometimes I just plan forgot. But without further adieu here are some of my joys:

25) I painted my nails last week for the first time probably since I found out I was pregnant. It's not that I had some phobia that the toxins would soak into my skin and hurt my baby, I was just too tired to care. As it turns out I missed it, I kinda like the burst of color. Heavens knows the rest of my wardrobe doesn't have much color going on.

26) Some sweet sweet BCM students got together and collected money to send us out on a date. They're even providing the babysitting. This was such an unexpected surprise and blessing. I am so grateful for a fun date night out with my hubby but I'm even more grateful that they thought of us!

27) We busted out the grill this evening to celebrate the warmer weather. And we finally got to enjoy that bottle of Sparkling Grape Juice that's been sitting in our refrigerator since Valentine's Day. It's always a good day when the wedding day flutes come out!

28) I love it that my daughter gets to grow up and be loved by tons of college students. She's only 3 months old and I can already see why they say "It takes a village to raise a child."


29) Ok so this is sort of a cheat-this picture is from a few years ago (obviously Nic is a nerd but not that much of one). Anyways our friend Seth (and his wife Sarah) who we met in Philadelphia, randomly found themselves in Blacksburg as they made their half cross country drive to Texas yesterday afternoon. We got to hang out with them for just a little bit and it was SO encouraging to seem them!


30) Speaking of Texas. Breakaway Ministries is a student ministry at Texas A&M. We were first introduced to the director of this ministry, Ben Stuart, at Passion 09. I recently rediscovered their podcast and have been so encouraged by it lately.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool you got to see Seth and Sarah!
    I've been reading your blog but haven't been good about commenting. Congrats on your beautiful daughter! Philly misses you!

    ReplyDelete