Friday, November 5, 2010

Inspiration

I was talking to a friend today about working out and for some reason it made me really excited! I've been thinking for a while now that I'd like to run another race after Baby U arrives and today's coffee talk may be the final push I needed. I had a ton of fun running this race back in March and the idea of training again actually gets me pumped.

This time I'm thinking a 10 miler. So tonight before dinner I was searching for 10 mile races in Virginia that occur long enough after Baby U arrives that I can actually train for them and not too far away that I lose motivation.

Here's what I came up with:


In Lynchburg on September 24



In Washington DC on October 9


The race course for the Army 10 Miler is through the middle of DC and around all the monuments. I think it would be so cool to run in this but they have a bit of a time restriction. You have to run at least a 15 minute mile, which I think I can handle, but it would really stink to train for so long, get hyped up the day of the race, start running and be told midway through you have to stop. I guess I have a little bit of time to figure it out- it never hurts to dream big though!

No comments:

Post a Comment