Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good Friends

Today was another bright, beautiful, sunny day here in Blacksburg. Since we work lots of nights and weekends, Darrell instituted a half day off policy several years ago and we are oh so thankful for that gift. Wednesday afternoons just so happen to be my half day off so around lunch today I headed up to Roanoke to meet my friend Elizabeth, whom I've known since my freshman year of college.

Elizabeth & I have shared many memories since the fall of 2002, from standing in line at Scaremare talking about boys who would later become our husbands to visiting her son just a few weeks after he was born! We met at Olive Garden for lunch and then headed over to Sam's Club for some bulk shopping. I really appreciate Elizabeth a lot and I love knowing that even though we've lived in different place for the past 4 years, every time we see each other it feels like we're simply picking up where we left off. It makes me think of that old children song that goes "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold."



No comments:

Post a Comment