Thursday, April 22, 2010

NFL and God?


I really don't understand the NFL draft. It seems silly to me to spend that much time picking a new player, especially when there is so much "hype" the day before about who will go first and what pick each person will be. I mean really, don't most teams already know who they're going to choose? So why do they drag out their pick over the 15 minutes they're given? And why do the commentators have to speculate on each and every player after they've been selected? No one knows how well they're going to perform, for heavens sake they've never played in the NFL before!

It makes me think about how I often treat God this way. I sense him telling me something and I drag out the follow through for as long as possible. And when I finally do what he's telling me to, I follow it up with questions like, Really God? Is this really going to work? Do I have the potential to do this, I've never done this before, are you sure? Funny how a little NFL makes me reflect on my relationship with God. It makes me think of 1 Corinthians 10:31, So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. What 'unusual situations' have you found God in lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment